Saturday, February 04, 2006

Lady Jan On What They Really Mean Is--

I saw the link to this incident on Tina's blog, I did a little of WHAT THEY REALLY MEAN IS-- when I posted a comment. I couldn't resisted as they just left too much unsaid.

Museum visitor trips, breaks Chinese vases
-WHAT THEY REALLY MEAN IS--A stupid clumsy oalf strips over his own two feet, and takes out three very valuable Chinese vases.

CAMBRIDGE, England (AP) -- A museum visitor shattered three Qing dynasty Chinese vases when he tripped on his shoelace, stumbled down a stairway and brought the vases crashing to the floor, officials said Monday.
WHAT THEY REALLY MEAN IS--He was clumsy.

The three vases, dating from the late 17th or early 18th century, had been donated to The Fitzwilliam Museum in the university city of Cambridge in 1948, and were among its best-known artifacts. They had been sitting proudly on the window sill beside the staircase for 40 years.
WHAT THEY REALLY MEAN IS- The Museum was too cheap to make a display case just for the vases after all these years.

"It was a most unfortunate and regrettable accident, but we are glad that the visitor involved was able to leave the museum unharmed," said Duncan Robinson, the Fitzwilliam's director.
WHAT THEY REALLY MEAN IS-- Next on the six o'clock news; a man was discovered unconscious behind the museum today, with an untied shoe stuffed in his mouth.

The museum declined to identify the man who had tripped on a loose shoelace Wednesday.
WHAT THEY REALLY MEAN IS-- They know who he is and his picture has been memorized by all the guards! And people with untied shoelaces will no longer be allowed to enter the museum.

Asked about the porcelain vases, Margaret Greeves, the museum's assistant director, said: "They are in very, very small pieces, but we are determined to put them back together."
WHAT THEY REALLY MEAN IS-- We got our best geeks on it, with microscopes and real tiny tooth picks and eety-bity bottles of glue.

The museum declined to say what the vases were worth.
WHAT THEY REALLY MEAN IS--They were too cheap to have them appraised.

3 comments:

Tina said...

The Prague gift fairy strikes again...will you e-mail me your address? I have a little something for you...

Sarah Elaine said...

Brilliant post! Good chuckle for the day. Thanks!

Janice Seagraves said...

Hi Tina, I just sent an email with my snail mail address in it. And you got me really curious.

Hi Sarah, I'm so glad you enjoyed my odd ball sense of humor. I wasn't sure I could pull off funny.

Later your Lady Jan~