Thursday, February 17, 2005

Lady Jan took a spill

I took a spill and bumped my......Well....Lets put it this way......It wasn't my noggin!
.
It had rained again, (we have been getting a lot of rain this year) just a few days ago, and I was hauling our elderly dog out to go pee. Our front porch had deleoped a slippery spot in front where it was getting a lot of rain pouring down on it. It probably developed a bit of algae, or some such goo.
.
When I had to hit it with my aging cocker spaniel Mitzi tucked under my arm.
.
Whoosh!
.
My feet shot out from under me, for a moment there Mitzi and I where suspended betwixt earth and sky! Then gravity rudely took over, and I had a rough rear-end re-entry! Luckily I landed where I had the most padding, oof!
.
I did have enough sense to loosen my hold on my dog, and she landed on all four feet, and stood there shaking like she was asking "what happened?" My thoughts seemed to contect with hers, "um.....I fell, ugh."
.
I think, I bruised my touchie! And I was wet from my tail bone to my shoulder blades.
.
Thank goodness I kept my chin tucked-in, or this story might have ended differently.

No comments: