Monday, August 14, 2006

Rice-a-ronie The San Francisco treat!

My husband and I use to almost live on this stuff when we first got married 26 years ago, and I still serve it or it's sibling noodle-roni at most of the dinner I prepare. There is just something about the stuff, when you get it just right it smells so good cooking, and it tastes just wonderful. And it's the best rice I've ever eaten, and even YGF couldn't believe it came out of a box, and I was surprised that she had never had any before. Hasn't everyone?

Ann has a better link and has been posting about it. So I was walking don't memory lane and decided to post something too. In the above link is to a web site about the San Francisco treat! Ding ding!

2 comments:

Granny said...

Good old dependable Rice-a-roni.

And now it comes in so many varieties. I think I remember when it was just chicken flavor and maybe beef.

Janice Seagraves said...

Hi Ann,

Oh, yes, I remember chicken and beef flavor, but beef for some reason beef wouldn't cook all the way through for me. I refused to cook it any more because of that, and my husband yelling at me because he didn't like how it crunched between his teeth.

But when Almond fried rice(now called Fried rice) came out, we all thought it was mana from heaven! It was so good, and it's still a favorite of mine.

Lady Jan~