Saturday, January 29, 2005

Lady Jan--the case of the missing TV remote.

Our TV remote, went missing yet again! My daughter and I have been looking in the usual places, and not so usual places, and could not find it!

Maybe I should explain: Much earlier in our marriage, after we had been married for roughly eight years, we were finally able to buy a nice new TV. A nice new consul TV, with a nice new TV remote!

This pleased my husband so much, that he was reluctant let go of the remote! And to compound the problem we had gotten Cable TV, for the first time too! I only had access to the remote, when my husband wasn't home. And sometimes not even then! Because sometimes, I couldn't find the remote at all!

The remote at this time, was turning up in some strange places! I would find it on the dresser in our bedroom, and we don't have a TV in our bedroom. I would sometimes find the remote in the bathroom next to the sink. Several times I even found the remote in the refrigerator, I guess the remote had goten too hot, and needed to cool down. One time we went shopping, then I noticed my husband patting his top pocket, with a surprised expression on his face, he pulled out the remote. I looked him straight in the eye, and said quite seriously to him, "you love that remote, more than you love me!"

Years later, our beautiful consul TV broke down, and this time it could not be fixed. We went and picked out a new one, and it came with a new TV remote too. A new and improved ergonomicly designed one! The new remote fits your hand very nicely too!

Well, you probably guessed it! The new remote would disappear, and turn-up in unexpected places once again! The dresser, the bathroom, then my daughter found it in the refrigerator. All I could say was, "Oh, no! Not again!"

This latest disappearance has us puzzled. We have looked everywhere! The dresser, the bathroom, the refrigerator. We tore apart the dog's bed, and took out the sofa cushions! Nothing! We can't find it any where!

Oh here's my daughter now! Oh, good she found the remote! Er....um....she found it on the floor next to the sofa...toward the front door....where....I....usualy.....hmm....sit!

Well.....I...guess...this....time....it was....me!


No comments: