- Don’t even think of chewing gum, and bubble gun is definitely out! It’ll pull your temp. cap right off!
- Don’t eat potato chips, popcorn and rolled Gold pretzels are definitely out. I just ate one on the wrong side, ow.
- And on the subject of junk food; stay away from anything hard and crunchy, like jaw breakers. They break your teeth more than your jaw.
- Eat soft food like creamed corn, cream soup or really well cooked potatoes.
- If you nuke your food; a baked potato is okay, but just don’t put any soy bacon bits on it or you have a new experience in pain. Crunch ouch!
- Forget ice cream or anything too cold or too hot.
- And don’t forget to eat on the other side of your mouth from the temp. cap.
- Good oral hygiene is your friend right now, especially if that’s how you got in this mess to begin with! Hey, not now! I was only bad about brushing when I was a kid.
- Using sensadine tooth paste really helps.
- Be careful when you floss, you can pull your cap right off, especially if you forget to slide it out to the side and pull it straight out like normal. Believe me this has happened . . . to me (an earlier cap).
- Don’t grind your teeth, it hurts.
- For Goodness’s sake don’t use a tooth pick. It not good for your gums and might flip that cap right off.
- The thing I want to leave you with is this; your teeth are meant to last a life time, please take care of them. I didn’t when I was a kid and I’m paying for it now!
Back when I was a bad little girl and didn’t brush my teeth I ended up with huge fillings, which are now breaking my teeth, and causing me to have caps.
This is my fifth temporary cap, and will be my fifth crown when I go back to the dentist next month.