I know I already did a list of things for School, but tomorrow is D-day the first day of school. So I am doing a list of things I have to do to get my daughter off right for the first day of school.
FYI I have a teenage daughter.
- Make sure she has a showers the night before school starts so I'm not banging on the door yelling, "Get out of there you going to be late!"
- Get her in bed early so she won't drag for the first day of school.
- Get some kind of breakfast food to temp her taste buds with, so when she's dosen't want to eat that early. I don't hear the words; "Mom, I'm not hungry yet."
- Set alarm clock so I can get up, even though she has an alarm too. This way I can make sure she dosn't sleep through the alarm and I hear the famous line "The allarm didn't go off." Ha!
- Make sure I go to bed at a dencent hour too.
- Get up get dressed and get the daughter up.
- Say, "hurry up" a hundred times.
- Say, "Your going to be late" a couple of dozen times or more.
- Say, "Did you remember Cell phone?"
- Say, "Did you remeber your lunch money?"
- Say, "Did you remember to pack everything you might need in your back pack?"
- "Eat your breakfast!"
- Then finally get the kid out the door in a timely manner so she isn't late to school. My husband will be taking her after spending the night on the graveyard shift.
- Bonus: I can relax.