Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Lady Jan's Gopher killers

This is Pookey my fifteen year old cat (by next month).
She is my old Gopher killer, now retired.
Every pet we have is old.

This is Sparkles (my daughter's cat) our newer Gopher killer, relatively speaking, she is nine and we've had her for most of that time. But she has taken over the Gopher killing responsibilities from Pookey.
This is a dead Gopher! Proof that Sparkles is doing her job!

Live in fear gophers! And stay the heck out of my garden! Those veggies and flowers are for me, and my family!

I accidentally stepped on the Gopher last night, as I took the dog out. I jumped around and yelled, and cursed, then looked at what I had stepped on. It pays to look where you step around here! Then I looked at the cat who was giving me a indignant look! Like she was saying "look human I killed it, so don't you be stepping all over my dinner!"

3 comments:

Merle said...

Hi Janice ~~ I do not think we have gophers in Australia. It looks like an overgrown rat. Glad you have the killers.
Thank you for your comment on our cows.
I like them, but some say it's a waste of money. They get vandalised a lot.
No I haven't seen it with horses.
Cheers, Merle.

Granny said...

I don't think beauty is a waste and those cows are beautiful in their own way.

As opposed to your gopher. I like the cats, though.

Janice Seagraves said...

Hi Merle,

The horses are as lovely as your cows. And it's such a shame that some idiots vandalise them!

Hi Ann,

Yes, the cows are nice, and the gophers are not!

I had a lovely assortment of Dahlia's given to me by my favorite sister-in-law, all gone! Every last one eaten by gophers!

Thank you, I like my cats too.

Your lady Jan~