Monday, December 27, 2004

Lady Jan's--Year end Memes

I got this from Gwen, who got it from Grace, who got it from Frog.
I don't know where Frog got it from, maybe she wrote it herself?

Year end Meme.

1. What did you do in 2004 that you have never done before?
I got online, and got my own e-mail address, and I got my own blog too.

2. Did you keep your last new year's resolution?
I don't make those anymore.

3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Yeah, my sister-in-law gave birth to a baby boy.

4. Did anyone close to you die?
No, thank God!

5. What countries did you visit?
None, I didn't even leave the state. I know, how terrible boring of me.

6. What would you like to have in 2005 that you lacked in 2004?
A new or newer car would be nice.

7. What dates from 2004 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
November 11, 2004, that's the date that my sister had her one year anniversary of her bone marrow transplant for leukemia.

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
getting on-line, and getting a blog. I don't know it it means anything to anybody else, but it sure means a lot to me!

9. What was your biggest failure?
Not getting enough of the bills paid off.

10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Does having a virus count? Then No.

11. What was the best thing you bought?
A whole new wardrobe for my thirteen year old daughter, after she got pushed around and teased at school.

12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
My husband and daughter, as they were such a huge help to me, in getting the whole house clean-up and ready for the holidays.

13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
The before mentioned kids at my daughter's school, who thought they were the fashion police. Tan tights with a green skirt, are not a 'faux pah', okay!

14. Where did most of your money go?
Bills! Where else?

15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Finding a book by my favorite author Pat Hodgell; on barnsandnobles.com, and getting it ordered, and then getting it, and then reading it. Then ditto for Gwen Zepeda's book.

16. What song will always remind you of 2004?
That song that Pipin sang on the last "Lord of the rings" movie, "Return of the King." But I can't think of the name of the song.

17. Compared to this year are you:
a) happier or sadder?
Happier.
b) thinner or fatter? Does anyone really want to know this? Well okay--Fatter.
c) richer or poorer? Richer, my husband got a raise last March. Yeah!

18. What do you wish you had done more of?
writing, and working more in my garden.

19. What do you wish you had done less of?
spending money, but I had help there! My husband is a whole lot worse than I am! I'm actually very cheap, and I squeak when I walk. Squeak, squeak!

20. How did you spend Christmas?
At home, and everyone that I love came here!

21. Did you fall in love in 2004?
Um, I'm in love currently with my husband of 25 years.

22. How many one-night-stands?
Who me? No! Never ever, never will!!!!!!

23. What was your favorite TV program?
I guess that would be CSI, all of them.

24. Do you hate anyone now, that you didn't hated this time last year?
I don't really like the word hate, how about dis-like-intensely? Well, no. I don't dis-like anyone, that I didn't dis-like last year.

25. What was your greatest book you read this year?
blood and Ivory' by P.B. Hodgell, and 'The last jerk I slept with, and all the men just like him' by Gwen Zepeda.

26. What was your greatest musical discovery?
We bought my daughter a flute, does that count?

27. What did you want and get?
On the internet.

28. What did you want and not get?
More presents to give to my family.

29. What was your favorite film this year?
"Return of the King," when they released the extended version. But I loved it before that!

30. What did you do on your birthday, and how old are you?
We had all our May babies over at my Mom's house, and we had a birthday cake with all our names on it. And our May babies are; my Mom, and my nephew Brian, and me of course. I turned 43 in May 2004.

31. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably satifying?
If I had won that writing competition, that I had entered.

32. How would you describe your personal fashion concept for 2004?
My WHAT? I'm a house wife! I wear t-shirt and stretchy shorts in the summer, and sweaters and sweats and stretchy pants in the winter time. Well maybe I'm over simplifying, a little bit. But I am currently trying to find the perfect blazer, so that I don't look so "house wifey," when we go some place nice. A girl's got to look good some time!

33. What kept you sane in 2004?
Taking a writing course, and finishing it. Then getting on-line.
So basically creating two goals for myself, and then doing them!

34. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
The young ones, I feel are too young for me now, as in Orlando Bloom and Elijah Wood. And the older ones I just don't like anymore. So no one.

35. What political issue stirred you the most?
The election, the war in Iraq, and all the good young people we keep loosing over there!
But not necessarily in that order.

36. Who did you miss?
My Dad I will always miss. He died 21 years ago this year, and he took a piece of my heart with him.
Then my Uncle Arnold--his not dead though, but he just had a 90th birthday celebration, and I couldn't go!
Sob, sob!

37. Who was the best new person you met?
Katie--my Nephew Brian's girlfriend. I like her she's spunky, and knows her own mind!

38. Tell us a valuable life lesson that you learned in 2004.
That you can not control the bad things, that happens to the ones you love the most! And sometimes the best you can do is just love them, and pray that they get better, and then let the problem go! The release is the important part. If you meditate like my sister does or pray like I do,(actually I do both) the release is very important. Because the Universe or God, or God and the Universe can not help you--if you do not release the problem.


So let go let God, or let go and let Goddess, or let go and let the Universe handle it!

39. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
Um...I'll have to come back to that one later.

_______________________________________________________________

Meme 2: time line This one I got from Gwen.
Check her out at; http://www.gwenworld.com/

The taking stock of my life.

25 years ago: Unfortunately My Grandfather (my Mom's Dad) passed away on New Years day 1979, and it was a bad way to start the first year that I became official an adult. I turned 18 in May, and a month later in June I graduated from Madera High School. And then I got married to my husband Dave on 12-21-79, and we are still married today. During these early years I tried writing, and I invented a world called Arcon it was to be like Tokien's Middle Earth, but with more women. Soon in January or so in 1980, I was hired for a year as a assistant apartment manager at the apartments where we lived. My husband, was a loan officer for HFC.

20 years ago: I was 23. But I had some bad years here starting two years earlier in 1982--My Dad at age 60 had passed away, and I was still trying to come to terms with that, some two years later. Twice I had tried to go to collage and had to drop out first because of my Dad's illness, as I had wanted to be close to him before he died. In fact I was at the hospital when he passed-on, I was in the bathroom of all places, and felt him go. And a piece of my heart painlessly ripped out, and went with him to heaven. Then the next time we both tried to go to college, and we had a car accident that was in 1984. My husband and I were okay, but the car was too messed-up to take us to Fresno city collage anymore. Then in that same year my sister had her beautiful baby boy they named Brian, she had been married for two years, but the marriage wasn't to last much longer. Then a year later, in 1985 my heart was to be broken yet again, because my Grandmother(my Dad's Mom) had died, she was 93, and my last grandparent! During this time my husband and I lived with my Mother-in-law, who lives in a very bad nieborhood, and we would be there for four years total. I worked in the mailroom of the Madera Tribune, it was a dirty thankless job, but I tolerated it okay. My husband was a collection agent, for a local collection office, and he hated it.

15 years ago: I was 28. I and my husband ran a used appliance and repair business, and I also was my five year old nephew Brian's day care, at the store and our apartment. I was finally out of that very bad nieborhood, but at work I was having to deal with some very nasty people all day, everyday, and hating it. In a year my world would be rocked again with news that my only brother had leukemia! If you get the idea that the Angel of Death had visited my family, you would not be too far off the mark! And these are just the hightlight, can you imagine what I'm leaving out? But things do get better, do please read on.

10 years ago: I was 33, and I had gave birth to a baby girl, three years earlier. A month after she was born my brother, had under gone his bone marrow transplant, for his leukemia. This year, I was at home raising our little girl, and was Brian's day care once again! At this time I was also trying to decide, about quitting my at home craft and wood working business called "Jan's kritter's." My hands were starting to bother me big time! I was then dianosed with tendonities in my hands and shoulders and one elbow. My husband and I, had a long discussion about me being a "homemaker" for now on. My husband was working at his second(in a row, not at the same time) industrial job--Oberti olives of Madera.

5 years ago: I was 38. And I decided I would start to write seriouly, and to work toward making a income with my writing. My husband job at Oberti's was over, the plant had decided to close, as they were having too many problems with the water situation. We have a lot of problems with our water here. Then my husband got a job working at the biggest winery in town--Mission bell.

3 years ago: I was 40, I still was a homemaker, and still hadn't publish anything, and not from lack of trying. So I decided I would need to take a class in writing. I had been volunteering a lot at school, but as my daughter was now ten, the teachers didn't need my help anymore. My husband was still at the winery, and he was happy at this job and had been promoted three times, in the last three years. Then he was a journeyman mechanic, and night Foreman for the crush season. And we were doing okay.

1 year ago: I was 42. I am still a homemaker and I finally signed up for that writing class. My husband had finished a class for work the year earlier, so he was okay with me taking a course too. Then I found out my sister had leukemia, and I was stunned, another sibling? That was two, all that I have! My brother was okay, but would she be? I had lost so many to cancer my father most of my uncles, and one Aunt, and I knew the odds were bad. I could barely faction for the next few months, as it was so hard to accept the fact that she might die.

This year: I am now 43, my daughter is thirteen, and my husband is 46. And my nephew I use to take care of is now 20, and on his own. I'm still a homemaker, and I finally finished my correspondence course on writing over the Summer. For the first time I got online and now have an e-mail address and my very own blog. My brother had had his thirteenth year anniversary of his bone marrow transplant. And my sister has just celebrated her one year anniversary of hers , and for now she seems to be okay.

Yesterday: It was wonderful--I had my sister and her boy-friend, by nephew and his girl-friend, and my brother and his girl-friend over for a day late Christmas celebration. Then I realized my husband and myself, were the only married couple in the group.
Weird!

Today: I cooked, and I cleaned, then I took an nap and now I'm writing on my blog.

Tomorrow: No plans, maybe the same thing. My daughter is off for three weeks from school, and my husband job is on monitory shut-down, and he has to take his vacation days this week. So I got my wee family all to myself, and I'll just try to enjoy them.

That's all folks!

No comments: