Tuesday, December 21, 2004

Lady Jan's 25 th wedding anniversary

Today as I write this--it is my and my husband's 25 th wedding anniversary!
25 years, with the same man, now how many can say that!

Last year I entered a contest, and had a chance to be interviewed on TV, for valentines day. Unfortunately my daughter got sick, and she starting throwing-up, so I had to cancel, and that was that! The saddest thing, was my daughter apologizing about us missing being on TV! I told her that she, was way more important, than us being on TV! I'm not one of those people who crave that sort of thing anyway! I just thought they'd read the letter, had I known they wanted an interview....Well.....I'm not sure....if I would have entered.

The contest was called: Secrets to a long lasting relationship!

Here's what I wrote.

I and My husband have been this last December--married 24 years(remember that this was written last Febuary, and today it's 25 years), so at almost a quarter of a century of marriage, I think I qualify to give some advice.
So here it goes:

1. Communication is very important in a marriage--so keep talking (no nagging), even if he fakes being asleep. Some of it is bound to be getting through.

2. Don't hold a grudge--chances are very good, that he doesn't remember what he did wrong anyway.

3. Learn to cook food he really likes--it's true that a way to a man's heart is through his stomach. It is also true that when you are on a diet, your husband probably doesn't want to be on one too.

4. Hold hands--we still do. This a great way to say "yep, this is my guy(or gal), and I'm not embarrassed to be seen in public with you."

5. Date your spouse (or the one your with)--and call it a date. It really does keep the relationship fresh. This one is my husband's idea--from the start of my marriage, and it's a good one. After all these years later--we are still dating. Sometimes when we go some place special or romantic, I still get that little tingle, and my husband says he still does too.

Sincerely Lady Jan

No comments: