Sunday, January 27, 2008

A break in-between storms

While I was dropping off my husband at work I noticed our Sierra Nevada Mountains to the East of us looked closer and the snow level looked really low. I came home and grabbed my camera and took a few pictures before I had to run my daughter to school.

The last of the sunrise gave a golden glow to the morning light.

To the North of our house you can just make out the snow on our beautiful mountains.

The same side our house, but a clearer shot.

Just after I took these pictures the clouds rolled in, and it rained all day.

3 comments:

Jeanette said...

Hi Janice.
Wow Great pics of the snow capped mountians near your home BBBRRRRR.
Thanks for your Australia day wishes.....Jen

Merle said...

Hi Janice ~~ Great photos, the cold - not so great! Thanks for your comments and I am glad you enjoyed Read this Slowly. It was a good
reminder to slow down a little and enjoy our lives. Glad you had ice cream! I loved your daughter's counting to 100. "One, two, skip a few, 100" Good one that. Take care,
Love, Merle.

Janice Seagraves said...

Hi Jeannette,

Oh yeah it's cold, and it rain again today, but we need the rain--badly.

I was glad to ready about Australia day.

Hi Merle,

Actually it was; "One, two, skip a few, 99, 100." But it's so cute when a three year old says it. Of course she is sixteen now and would be mortified if she knew I was telling that.

You take care
both of you,
Lady Jan~