Photo by Janice Seagraves taken near Three Rivers CA
Here are thirteen ways to save water:
1. Even though it's fall it's still hot here so when kids want to cool off in the water, put a sprinkler out where your lawn needs it.
2. Don't run the water when you brush your teeth.
3. Don't water your lawn, or if you insist on having at least a semi green lawn then water twice a week.
4. Install low boy toilets to conserve on water (that's what we have).
4. Run the dishwasher only when you have a full load.
5. Wash your car in those places that recycle water.
6. Only wash full loads of laundry.
7. Buy water conserving appliances
8. Use the garbage disposal sparingly. Compost your vegetables instead to save on water.
9. Spread mulch around your plants to keep in the moisture.
10. Fix faucet leaks indoors and out.
11. Sweep patios and walkways instead of hosing them off.
12. Install a rain sensor on your water system so your sprinklers won't run during the rain.
13. Take shorter showers or use the buddy system. It's always fun to share.