Wednesday, June 10, 2009
Thursday's thirteen: follow your dreams
I thought I would post something uplifting this week and post the following. Several are from Barbara Sher whom I just love, she inspired me to start writing seriously-- at age 38 and I have a learning disability. Which I'm not going to let stop me from doing what I want to do, and don't let anything stop you either. :)
Thirteen follow your dream quotes:
1. "In your first life, you served your job and your family. In your second life, you get to discover your own genius and pursue your passions." Barbara Sher: Creating Your Second Life After 40
2. When you get near people who are pursuing their heart's desire, you can see the intensity on their face. Life is just too short to live without that kind of focus. ~ Barbara Sher
3. ~"You must go after your wish. As soon as you start to pursue a dream, your life wakes up and everything has meaning." -Barbara Sher
4. ~Don't be afraid of the space between your dreams and reality. If you can dream it, you can make it so. - Belva Davis
5. ~"Some of the world's greatest feats were accomplished by people not smart enough to know they were impossible." -Doug Larson
6. "The era you're entering is so different from your first forty years it's completely justifiable to call it your second life." Barbara Sher
7. "The universe is not going to see someone like you again in the entire history of creation." Vartan Gregorian
8. “Whereof what's past is prologue; what to come,
In yours and my discharge.” From The Tempest by William Shakespeare
9. Whatever you can do or dream, you can begin it. ~Goethe
10. Creativity is so delicate a flower that praise tends to make it bloom while discouragement often nips it at the bud. ~Osborn, Alex
11. The voyage of discovery is not in seeking new landscapes but in having new eyes.
12. But words are things, and a small drop of ink, falling, like dew, upon a thought produces that which makes thousands, perhaps millions think.
13. Water which is too pure has no fish
Ts'ai Ken T'an~
Here's a bonus from me:
"Remember that everything before this spot in time--is prologue."