- Baby blues
- Teal; blue-green colored eyes
- Azure blue; sky blue.
- Sky blue; light blue.
- Periwinkle blue; purplish blue.
- Sea Green; light green eyes
- Iris; which is kind of a light purple.
- Ice blue; real light blue.
- Hazel; green changes to brown
- Moss; dark green
- Olive; greenish to brown
- Otter; dark brown.
- Mississippi; mud brown.
Wednesday, June 25, 2008
Saturday, June 21, 2008
2 .. I don't suffer from insanity; I enjoy every minute of it.
3.. Some people are alive only because it's illegal to kill them.
4... I used to have a handle on life, but it broke .
5.. Don't take life too seriously; No one gets out alive..
6.. You're just jealous because the voices only talk to me
7.. Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder .
8.. Earth is the insane asylum for the universe .
9.. I'm not a complete idiot -- Some parts are missing.
10... Out of my mind. Back in five minutes .
11.. NyQuil, the stuffy, sneezy, why-the-heck- is-the-room- spinning medicine.
12.. God must love stupid people; He made so many.
13.. The gene pool could use a little chlorine.
14.. Consciousness: That annoying time between naps.
15.. Ever stop to think, and forget to start again?
16.. Being 'over the hill' is much better than being under it!
17.. Wrinkled Was Not One of the Things I Wanted to Be When I Grew up!!!!
18... Procrastinate Now!
19.. I Have a Degree in Liberal Arts; Do You Want Fries With That?
20.. A hangover is the wrath of grapes.
21.. A journey of a thousand miles begins with a cash advance.
22.. Stupidity is not a handicap. Park elsewhere!
23.. They call it PMS because Mad Cow Disease was already taken .
24 ..He who dies with the most toys is nonetheless DEAD.
25.. A picture is worth a thousand words, but it uses up three thousand times the memory.
26 .. Ham and eggs...A day's work for a chicken, a lifetime commitment for a pig.
27.. The trouble with life is there's no background music
Wednesday, June 18, 2008
My daughter gave me the idea for this one: thirteen things that begin with the letter "T".
- Tabby cat
- Tight wad
Tuesday, June 17, 2008
It was a surgery to repair his hernia that the doctor was after him to have for a while now. My mom told me he'll okay they put in several screens, and he's already at home recovering.
But its that it hurts, after any kind of surgery there is some amount of pain. The poor guy can't get into his bed so he's sleeping on the recliner for now.
Thursday, June 12, 2008
I have upset someone who I didn't mean to hurt by borrowing her banner.
SO to make amends I turn over a new leaf and here are thirteen banners for all us T.T.ers to share.
Thursday, June 05, 2008
- Escapism: oh yeah, I get to go were no one but the imagination has gone before.
- A short vacation: when I can't get away because of time or financial restraints. I just go on a mini vacation with a good book (see above).
- Friendship: the friends you meet in a book never tell you they don't have time for you.
- Low tech: grab and book open it up and your inputting information. And it never tells you that this is an illegal action from just reading the darn thing, or that you need to recharge or change the batteries either.
- Learning: I have learned so much from books and I still am too.
- Adventure: I can read about things that I just don't have the nerve to do in real life and feel like I am doing them.
- Comfort: forget the comfort food if I'm having a bad day, my books are always there for me.
- Art: I have art and craft books that are a fun thing to do when you have kids.
- Exercise: have you exercised while walking on a treadmill? And didn't the time pass faster?
- Boredom: My daughter is so funny on a day she home "I'm bored." I often tell her to get out a book and read it. Then it's "Aw, mom do I have to?" Then later she is so absorbed I can't hardly get her to stop and eat or go to bed.
- Writing: to be a good writer you have to be a good reader.
- Connecting with people: A good way to connect to people is to have the same interest, and a good way to find out your interests is to find out if you like the same books
- Reading: the bottom line is I just love to read. I love to wile away an lazy afternoon or evening with my favorite author.
What do you like to read?
Tuesday, June 03, 2008
But bad news too she's a transfer student at high school and we had paperwork to fill out for next year.
You see it's an Ag school and she had thought she might want to raise a goat.
But I didn't have the $120-to-$150 dollars to buy a goat, and then the $50 a month to feed the darn thing.
But she got to show one, and she put a lot of sweat equity into it too. Practising with the goat cleaning of the goat and mucking out the stalls, and the hauling of feed and the dumping of poop.
And then . . .
The damn goat beats my daughter up in front of the judge and she gets disqualified.
So when we filled out the transfer paperwork my daughter just wanted the reason for the continued transfer to be for another class in welding.
Um well, we got the paperwork back today--no go, it was denied.
She'll have to go to the regular high school next year, sans friends that she has made this year.