Saturday, December 16, 2006

Lady Jan's Daughter gets her Yellow belt

This is were I share my bragging rights, my daughter Sarah has been in the Karate club at school since it was formed at the beginning of this school year.

And a dojo in Fresno has a once a year open testing for anyone who has the money to come and test for a belt. My daughter sense' thought they were ready.

They kids were all racked with nerves, and the two hour long tests tired out even the most studious of the bunch.

My poor husband hands were all sweaty as we sat and watched our daughter go through her paces, and he breathed a sigh of relief and finally relaxed after she got her belt. I wasn't worried I had faith in her I knew she could do it.

And our daughter is very proud of herself too, she said this test was worse than the final she had this past week at school.

Afterwards we took her to the Fish market in Fresno's China town, and had lunch and bought her some good luck trinkets from the gift shop on the second floor, and the head band she has on her head in the pictures. The head band is suppose to bring about concentration in the student while they study. My daughter saw it in a cartoon.
Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Granny said...

Very nice going.

Did you hear that Time Magazine has named bloggers as their Person of the Year? All of us.

Lee said...

You'd better behave yourself from now on, Janice! ;) Congratulations to your daughter. I bet she is thrilled as both you and her father have a right to be as well. :)

Jeanette said...

Hi Janice Congratulations to your daughter on her yellow belt .
Merry Christmas

Madcap said...

Hey, congratulations! That's a great thing to undertake - so much better than "malling".

grannyfiddler said...

congrats to the whole family!! why is it that when our kids do something great, we almost feel like we've done it ourselves? i guess the umbilical cord is never really cut, is it?

i studied martial arts (tae kwon do) as a teen. i was incredibly clumsy and introverted, but stuck with it for several belt levels. it did wonders for my self assurance. (also got me a really hunky boyfriend)

Merry Christmas, and many blessings, Lady J.

Janice Seagraves said...

Hi Ann,

Thank you, and no I didn't isn't that something? We should all be very proud of that.

Hi Lee,

Yes, I'll have to watch it around her now, and we were fooling around in the dojo before we left and she bruised my arm--ouch!

And yes, she is proud of herself too.

Hi Jeanette,

Thank you, and Merry Christmas to you too.

Hi Madcap,

Yes thank you, and much easier on the o'l pocket book too.

Hi G.F.,

Thank you, and That's because her success is our success also!

I'm glad that tae kwon do worked out for you in more than one area.

Merry to Christmas to you too, and to everyone!

Your Lady Jan~