Thursday, June 26, 2014

R.I.P. Uncle Bruce

My Uncle Bruce passed away last week. He was the last of my uncles. My mom and I were by his side and held his hand when his heart stopped.

My mother, his caregiver and I have felt a great feeling of loss. He had such a strong will and such a strong presence that it's like the world is a little dimmer with his passing.

This Saturday, I will be reading a elegy that I wrote for my uncle at a small gathering in his home. It's for the neighbors and friends he had in Modesto. The last place he made his home.

R.I.P. Uncle Bruce

2 comments:

Lee said...

My condolences for your loss, Janice...cherish the happy, good memories.

Janice Seagraves said...

Hi Lee,

Thank you.

When I wrote my elegy, I was surprised at how many good memories there are with my uncle. I'm cherishing everyone.

Janice~