Friday, November 09, 2007

The Teenager Dictionary

Here it is the final definative dictionary of teenager speak.
I finally convinced my daughter and her friend Michelle aka
Pandora to write it up for me.
.
Actually Michelle took it over so I have to give the credit to her.
So then next time your teen says something you'll know what they said, and s/he wont roll their eyes at you and say mom/dad your so out of it.
.
Labels (to describe a person)
.
Gay- stupid, retarded, fruity (guys swishing their hips, wearing girly clothes) or just weird.
Can also be used to describe something mean (“my dad took away my cell phone” “That is so gay!”)

.
Emo- overly emotional, cries a lot, whiner, cutter. Listens to a lot of Screamo

.
Goth – Dark, (SOMETIMES) depressed, vampiric, cutter. Listens to Hard Rock.
.

Prep- BLONDES! Says “like” too much, Barbie girl, Hollister Whore
.

Poser- only says or does something cause everyone else is doing it, not because they care about it.
.

Scene kid- “pretends to be punk” when in reality punk = originality and
.
scene kid = everyone has same haircut, same style of clothing, and same mentality. Listens to alternative rock, “punk rock”.
.

Punk- original, wild styles of clothing/hair, doesn’t stay put in one label (always is different) Listens to anything.
.

Skater- self explanatory! Spends all their time skating (skateboard, roller skating) tends to dress like a scene kid, in fact most scene kids are skaters at heart.
.

Nerd- fashion impaired! (aka tucks pants into socks)
.

Geek- technology freak. Big difference from a nerd, as most geeks tend to be okay.
.

Hollister Whore- Trend follower. Tends to hang out with preps, if they aren’t a prep themselves. Shops at Hollister, American Eagle Outfitters, Abercrombie and Fitch, ect.
.

Labels (to describe a thing)
.

Screamo- Pretty self-explanatory. A lot of screaming about pain and misery and oh-im-so-sad-ill-just-kill-myself
.

Alternative Rock- Uhmm… hard to explain. Soft rock, I guess. Fall out Boy. Pretty acceptable in all groups.
.

Punk Rock- SCENE KID MUSIC! PRETEND WANNA-BE PUNK MUSIC! STAY AWAAAAAAAAAAY!
.

Hard Rock- Very loud. Lamb of God. The Used.. Ect
Phrases
“Dude, don’t touch the threads.” = Don’t. Touch. My. Clothes.
.
Teenager Dictionary
Compliments of Michelle Walker
AMWalker06@gmail.com

2 comments:

Merle said...

Hi Janice ~~ No wonder we cannot understand some of those terms. Nice work to compile a dictionary, thanks to Michelle.
Thanks for your comments and I am glad you enjoyed Carl's story. Both my son Jon and I are both well, thank you. You have taken on a big writing job, Janice. Good luck with it.
Take care, Love, Merle.

Janice Seagraves said...

H Merle,

I'm glad your both doing well.

Well on Nanowritmo; I'm at 20,500 words right now; which is the half way mark so I'm not doing too badly.

Take care,
Your Lady Jan~