Yeah, blame it on my hubby he wants the contest to be harder.
1. They waded out and began scraping off the black, shiny mussels that clung to the rock. The surf pulled and dragged at her legs, getting both of them thoroughly soaked.
“Isn’t that a beaut?” Seth showed Megan a fine clutch of mussels. “I got ‘em in one go.”
“Oh, that’s great! And they’re nice big ones, too.” She held out the basket, but slipped on a stone, stumbling against his side.
“I mean the mussels,” she snapped.
“I meant the mussles, too.” He scraped at another batch. “Course, a man’s muscle is his most important body part.”
“O-oh, you’re just like every guy I know. Why is it always sex with men?”
3. “Do you know which muscle I was even talking about?” He smirked. “Most blokes are scum.” He glanced sidelong at her. “Most blokes just want to tell their mates how many birds they've shagged that week.” He dropped more mussels in her basket. “But I could be different, if you ever want to find out.”
4. “You do realize I’m a married woman?”
Seth yanked his gaze up to hers. “Megz, I realize you’re a spunky widow.”
“I’m not a widow. He’s alive,” she snapped, blinking back tears.
5. “You have a nightmare every night about his death.”
“I-I don’t know for sure.” Megan scraped vigorously at a new spot. “Jonathan might have made it. The plane could have . . . popped out—” Half the shiny black shells fell into the water, as she snatched at the rest. “From the other side of the wave,” she finished.
6. “Orright.” He shrugged.
Megan dropped her mussels into the basket. “I think we have enough. Let’s go in.”
“Ready when you are, mate.”
7. Roaring filled her ears as a large wave hit, for a moment all Megan could see was teal tinged water.
A hand grabbed her arm, keeping her rooted to the spot. “Megz?”
Megan coughed rubbing the saltwater sting from her eyes. “I’m fine,” she gasped.
“Let me have the mussels. The waves are picking up.” He dropped his scraper into her basket, then took it from her.
8. Another wave hit, but this time it lifted Megan off the rocks. Seth grabbed her around the waist. She clung to him.
“The sea means to take you back.”
“It can’t have me.” She looked around. “I think I lost my scraper.”
“Let it go, mate. You can make another.”
9. In the lull, when the wave washed back out to sea, Seth handed Megan back the basket. “Hang on a tick.” She clutched it to her chest. He abruptly picked her up and waded ashore.
Surprise made her eyes big as her cheeks heated. She glanced shyly up at him, then over his shoulders to the rocks the waves crested over. “The tide has come in. I usually keep watch for things like that.”
10. “I must be a distraction for ya.” Seth grinned, while he set her down on the sand.
“When are you not a distraction to anyone?” she asked with one hand against his muscular chest.
“My mum said I’m always one to hog all the attention to myself.”
11. “I think she’s right.” She took a step back so she could pat his arm. “Thank you for keeping me from being swept off to sea.”
12. “That’s what mates are for.” He took the basket, with a look inside it, he added, “Besides, you were carrying me brekky.” Seth smirked down at her. “I really like yer top. You should wear it more often.”
Seth chuckled while he hauled the mussels up to their camp.
Here's the prize for playing my little game; a mug with my book cover and on the other side is my slogan, plus you get to fill it was a $25 dollar gift certificate from Starbucks.
1. What were Seth and Megan doing?
2. What did Megan get confused about?
3. What almost swept Megan off to sea?
4. What did Seth do to save Megan?
5.What was wrong with Megan's shirt?
Everyone who answers correctly will be entered into the drawing which will be held this Sunday, June 20th.