Wednesday, August 12, 2009
Thursday's thirteen: back to school list
Here we go again! It back to school. Our daughter’s school starts next week.
Thirteen things we have to get for back to school.
1. New Clothes, ya got to have new clothes when you go back to school. Can’t be seen in the old stuff from last year. If your child can fit in them anyway.
2. New shoes. I don’t know any child that does not go through several pairs a year.
3. New Backpack. Can’t use the old one from last year, if you can find it.
4. New binder.
5. New folders.
6. New lined papers to fill up the binders and folders.
7. New pencils. My daughter likes the mechanical pencils.
8. New pens. I wasn’t allowed to use them, but some the classes say they need them.
9. New color pens or pencils.
10. Calculator. I didn’t get to use one when I went to school, but I guess some things have changed.
11. New gym clothes for P.E.
12. New cell phone or at least repair the old one. This is the second time we’re going in to have her old phone repaired. And yeah, I didn’t have one of these either when I was a kid.
13. Lunch money! Can’t forget that or the daughter won’t forgive me.