Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Happy Halloween!

Before I forget Happy Halloween!


I wanted to post this yesterday but we had an electrical storm come through our area, and I didn’t want some freak bolt of lightning burning out my computer.
Yesterday was my husband’s birthday, but after the last twenty-seven years of marriage I have learned not to buy him a present.

I let him buy himself something for his birthday; after all he knows what he really wants for a birthday present.
He choose a new computer game and a new set of joy sticks, he had wore out his last set.

He's such a big kid.
See this is why in my profile I said; I'm raising a daughter and a husband.

My daughter is sick and I have been at the doctor’s for the last two days.

Yesterday her regular doctor was gone on a doctor’s conference, and we had a substitute doctor who I’m sure is a fine doctor, but he just doesn’t know us. I don’t believe in going to the doctor for every little sniffle, and I only go in when my daughter has a cold that she isn’t getting over or an infection of some kind.
This new doctor said, “[that he] wasn’t convinced, after looking at an x-ray [of my daughter’s skull, that he ordered and the sinus swab], that she had a sinus infection.” So he recommended a sinus saline wash, and for her to wash out her sinuses twice a day morning and night, and then use the nasal spray he prescribed.

Okay, the thing about severely swollen sinuses is that what goes in doesn’t necessarily come out. Ouch!

My daughter moaned in her sleep all night long from the sinus pressure, even though I did give her Tylenol for the pain as per the doctor’s recommendation.

I took her to school even though she didn’t really feel like going, because she had already missed three days last week, and the doctor thought she wasn’t ill enough to stay home.

At ten this morning I got a call; “Mom, come and get me. I feel terrible.”

I found her in the school nurse’s office, and the nurse told me, “Your daughter has a sinus infection you need to take her to the doctor.”
I felt like saying "duh, like I don't know that? Come with me and convince that (new) doctor about it!" But I didn't, but I may have rolled my eyes.
But I did tell her what happened the day before, and she told me to “take her back again today and insist (who me) that he proscribed her a antibiotic.” She even gave me a note to take to the doctor that described her symptoms and that she thought that it was the signs of a sinus infection.
I was glad to get it and her excuse for my daughter to miss the rest of the day at school.

I went back to the doctor’s office and got in right away yesterday it was a one hour wait. Yesterday I was at the doctor’s office all together with the swab then waiting for the x-ray, and then the doctor to talk to me again--for three and half hours.
That’s three and half hours of my life that I will never see again.

When we got in the exam room; in walked my daughter’s doctor Dr. Naz, he has been my daughter’s doctor since she was born. He was actually the second person to hold her after her birth.

I was so glad to see him I could have hugged him.
I told Dr. Naz what happened, and showed him the note from the school nurse. He examined her and proscribed an antibiotic and a cough medicine that has an antihistamine in it. The antihistamine will reduce the swelling in her poor sinises.

I tried to fill the prescription right away, but our insurance last year made us switch from Wal-mart where we had been going for years to Long's drugs. Because of some new supposable cheaper deal at Long’s.
The only thing was I forgot.

I had only filled one prescription for Sarah last year for an ear infection, and I just didn’t remember the switch. So we had to get back in the car and go to the other store. Luckily it didn’t take too long, and I had my daughter to take a nap as soon as I gave her the new medicine.

My poor baby girl went right to sleep.

After seeing her doctor today I think she’ll be all right.


Granny said...

I hope she'll be better soon.

Happy Halloween to you!!

Janice said...

Hi Ann,

Yes, she doing much better and returned to school today.

I hope your Halloween was a good one too.

Lady Jan~

azhiey said...

Hi Jan!
it's arma here. still remember me?
sorry I've just visited your blog now, because my school has been very cruel to me lately.. ^_^

sorry *again* to hear about sarah,
really hope she is well now.
oh, and happy *late* birthday to david!


Janice said...

Hi Arma!

How are you doing?

Sarah has been trying to e-mail you and hasn't had any luck.

We all miss you and hope that you are well and going good.

Sarah sinuses are almost completely well she only has a couple more days on the antibiotics, and the swelling in there is gone.

I'll tell Dave of your B-day wishes, he'll be glad to hear it.

I hope you visit my blog again, and I see you have a link and I'll go check yours out too.

Lots of love and hugs from your friends here in Madera,
Your Lady Jan~